Vision, mission, values
Our vision is that John Keats Primary School will act as a positive catalyst for change and improvement within its community.
It will develop to be an outstanding, all-through school for children in the Bermondsey area that will fulfil their educational aspirations and dreams and meet complex pastoral needs.
Serving our community is a core feature of our vision. Geographically, we aim to establish ourselves as an outstanding provider of education with a view to spreading our provision across the local area. We plan to work collaboratively and build strong working relationships locally, nationally and internationally with other academies, schools and local nursery provision.
John Keats Primary School will be founded on the solid educational and pedagogical principles that have made John Donne Primary such a success. We are confident that we can provide academic results as evidence of our capability to replicate our success to date.
- To improve on our previous best
- To be happy in school and to find pleasure in learning.
- To live in an ethos of fairness, honesty and mutual respect among all members of the school community.
- To develop self-discipline and a positive self-image.
- To be prepared for the next stage in our academic career and for life.
We envisage John Keats Primary School as a school where every child/student becomes:
- literate and numerate with good technology skills
- a problem-solver, collaborator, leader and resilient
- respectful of, and a positive contributor to their community and peers
- a confident enquiring individual with adventure, outdoor and multi-cultural learning experiences
- a ‘legacy leaver’ for their fellow pupils and their community